Thursday, May 17, 2007

Office Report

The office was busy today. I addressed all the applications in the folder and will have to do some follow through Friday as one of the vets offices were closed. I also managed to finish the applications for aid.

I had a woman come in who was inquiring about aid for her friend who has 29 cats. I explained she would have to first pare down the amount of cats she had. Keep those that she actually has as house pets. Then we can get serious about what we can do to help her get her pets spayed and nuetered. She took the application and then began asking what kind of volunteer work was needed and she told me she was interested in Rescue work. I told her how we test the animals and we need someone just to focus the video camera, and then after the animals are tested we line then up to see the vet for health certificates and about the 5:30 arrival to meet the van on rescue day. She filled out the application. So hopefully we have a new person to help us.

Jeffie a kitten from the back was adopted by AC today as was Romeo the Chihuahua/Min Pin. Walter the large beautiful orange and white cat was adopted from the condo. Actually I went down the pets wanted list and called everyone to please come see our pets. We have a large variety of pets right now. I asked them to please come see the pets and help us save a life. I called a family that was approved for a cat. The lady got off work and came to the shelter and adopted Him. It's the same woman who adopted Billie and Shadow. I have placed a comment near her name stating she has adopted 3.

There is some interest in a couple of the other puppies. So maybe they will go to good homes tomorrow.

Thanks Linda for getting the site updated. I ran an ad so now folks will go to the site and see the animals we have available this week.

Nicole came in and walked some dogs and thanks for showing folks dogs. Joanne was also in and she vaccinated a kitten, medicated, talk to some volunteers. Thanks Joanne. Also a new volunteer came in and walked dogs this evening. I am going to have to get her name.

If any boxes are delivered for the spay clinic, open them, check to make sure they don't need refrigeration then leave them in the surgery room.

On May 30th we are going to do a practice run in the spay clinic and the vet will be spaying and neutering only shelter animals. So it will give us a chance to see how this will all work. Lisa, Joanne, Catrina and Anita will all be assisting in areas where needed as instructed by the LVT.

Right now it looks like there will be a rescue wagon van here June 5th.

Humm!

I think I have debriefed myself.
Later

No comments: