Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Assisi Update

The van was at the shelter today we managed to get 4 of our shelter dogs spayed/neutered and it was confirmed BeeGee was already spayed plus Tabitha the cat was spayed and it was confirmed Tinkerbell had been spayed already. All the above animals got rabies vaccines plus 3 cats in the condo got rabies updated. I also ordered pain meds so we could replenish our supply.

There was a woman who we met at the McGuires event that came to see Dixie, she was given an application and will come back with her dogs to see how they get along.

I contacted the applicants that wanted Coconut but they had reconsidered so I filed their application away.

The shelter was over flowing with dogs. Fortunately some went with the Assisi Van to rescue. I am not exactly sure which of the new dogs they were.

We trapped a cat near the back dumpster and Judith felt it may have been the same cat that had been done previously, so Assisi staff were going to check and see. I think it was a different cat. But I had to leave before it got on the van.

I have canceled the van for May 30th but we are booking the van for June 19th and should be able to fill that van.

It was a very busy day. I want to thank Catrina, Lisa, Joanne, Judith, Rita, Barb and I understand Nicole stopped by after I left. So a Big Thanks today for every body's help. (Judith you will get the hang of the paperwork so don't despair).

I did make one slight change today. Before we began vaccinating the shelter animals the vaccination was included in the cost. Today I explained that the pets were all vaccinated prior to being adopted and if the dog needed boosters it would cost $5.00. Everyone was agreeable to that. I did reassure them that the rabies was still included in the intial fees.

I also ran an ad that will start in current tomorrow listing the various breeds we have in the shelter. I am hoping it will help us find homes for all the shelter animals.

Thanks Again, Anita

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay Anita! Great idea about the shots - $5 is nothing! Also, it WAS Feral1 and they tipped his ear this time so we can check at a glance. He's looking real good!