Saturday, May 26, 2007

Friday update



It was a busy day today. Mitch the huskie was adopted today by AC as was a Kitten from the back Lila she was a cute calico. I have brought her siblings Cole and Snuggles home to foster they are sneezing.


Bye Lisa



Bee Gee went to a great home with over 100 acres to run in. Lisa our condo cat was adopted today and went to a very nice young man. She had been in the condo since April of last year so I am glad she will have a new home to call her own.



Draper also went to his new home and the lady was also very impressed with Boone and said she may come back for Boone after Draper settles in. She left a donation to help sponsor Boone.


I had to say farewell to one of the kittens I had been fostering. Choy went to his new home today . He will be coming back July 17th for the Assisi van. So I will get to see him once again. They fell in love with him instantly. While the lady filled out the paperwork her husband was holding him and Choy was content chewing on the frame of the man's glasses.

Nicole was in today and walked some dogs and helped give Mitch a bath before he left.

I have started a new log for the animals that will be placed on the July 17th Van. All the pets are logged. The copier is out of toner and Julies office copier was not working. Barb was in and showed me how to make copies using the lexmark. Thanks Barb you are a lifesaver.

It was hot in the shelter today and before I left I had to top off everyone's water bowl.

Dixie will be leaving for rescue tomorrow so she got a new collar and all her paper work is on her Kennel. It is my understanding that Nicole will run that transport. Thanks Nicole.

The lady from Aussie Rescue came in to see Teeka and Onyx she could not take them right now but she will do what she can to help place them in foster.

There is a little orange kitten in back holding area needs TLC. Please be sure to check on him.

A couple came in to see Sunshine they took an application form and said they will come back tuesday. They asked me for information and I was reading the cover sheet and mentioned it was a female when they pointed out Sunshine is a male. I checked and sure enough we had a boy. So I made a correction on sheet and initialed.

People who had won raffle items were coming in to pick up their items. I marked them off on the sheet that was in office.

I gave some kittens in back some canned food.

Tomorrow I have an appointment with a family who are coming to adopt Kungfoo. Next week I will be bringing Ms. Dot and Lewey in so they can get adopted. They are absolutely adorable so if you know anybody wanting a kitten these babies are precious.

Oh office folks don't forget to check the Vaccine box under AC window there was a tidy sum in the box when I checked it today enough to vaccinate 22 pets.

When booking animals on the Assisi Van please remember that the pets have already received their first vaccine when arriving at shelter. If an owner wants a booster vaccine that will cost an additional $5.00 to be paid day of van. It is highly recommended puppies and kittens get that booster.

We need some pet applications made so whoever can please do that and fill the folder on door. I got page 2 done but we need some page 1 then staple together.

We are looking for folks who are interested in fostering pets. The shelter has been brimming with animals. So if you are able to foster a pet or know someone who would make a good foster home please ask them to fill out a foster sheet. We will get back to them. We can even provide a cage in some cases. In some cases it may be just for a couple days just till we can get the pet into rescue. Or it may be a momma cat nursing her babies and we may need a home just till we can get the kittens weaned. So if you have a little time and a lot of love and want to help us save lives please consider this worth while cause.

And as always we are looking for Volunteers. There is so much to do. And our dogs need exercise and socialization, brushing and bathing. Believe me there is never a dull moment so if you can help we would like you on our team.

Well folks I hope you all have a safe and wonderful holiday weekend.

No comments: