Thursday, April 19, 2007

A Word from the Webmaster

The Pet Adoption Portal is all set up and it works great! It takes me 1/3 the time to update our listings and many of the functions are easier on Portal than they are if you use the actual listing sites. So cool. Thank you to Rita and Rebecca for sending me a link to this thing - I'm sorry it took me so long to decide to sign up! And a big thanks goes to my contact at the Portal, Liza, for getting everything setup and working (and putting up with all of my questions!)

I've also found Google's Web Documents and Spreadsheets function. It allows you to save Word- and Excel-style documents on the web so you can access and edit them from any computer. If you're ever curious how many Animal Control and PCHS animals I currently have listed online*, just visit this site. You can see all of the names by clicking on the "Pet List" tab.

*Unfortunately, my listings may not represent all of the animals that are actually at the shelter on any given day. Hopefully that'll happen someday in the future.

No comments: