Friday, April 13, 2007

Friday shelter- update

It was busy today and I would say very successful. Ten small puppies came in and they have been vaccinated, wormed and bathed. One of the puppies was adopted out by AC. They look like they are lab mixes.

Suddenly we have a bunch of cats in the back holding area. We did adopt out Chili and Patch today from the condo.

I am struggling to fill the Assisi van for Tuesday. I managed to get about 6 more pets signed up on the van today, with the cats we want to add from the back we should make our 25 pets needed to get the cost break. The lady that adopted Chili said she has been looking for a kitten for awhile now but they are hard to find. Yeah! Does that mean our efforts to have animals spayed and neutered is working? I also got a call from a man who has four stray cats he feeds. He enjoys the cats although 2 are wild and 2 he can pet. So he called asking about trapping them and getting them fixed. Have to talk to Rebecca maybe this could be our first venture at TNR. I am so excited.

A woman came in and was upset that she had to fill out an application to adopt a cat. She had hoped to go home with one today. I explained that in the future all animals will need to have adoption applications and only responsible pet owners will be approved. She filled out her application which I quickly processed so Chili could go to a loving home.

Raffles tickets should be in the office tomorrow, so if you want to sell tickets stop by and I will try to assign you some.

Well TGIF but I will be in the office tomorrow. See ya all later!

No comments: