Saturday, April 7, 2007

Saturday's News

Myspace Graphics
I hope everyone is staying warm this weekend!

I hadn't planned on going to the shelter this weekend, but since it was cold and I didn't feel like doing anything else, Billy and I rolled in at about 11 this morning. My original plan was for Billy and I to have some quiet time with a few dogs that need it (Poncho, Walker, and Bear), but I ended up doing so many other things!

Becky and Brenda were helping a family when Billy and I arrived. Brenda had already had Poncho out for a walk and had some quiet time with him in the education room. The family asked to see Wendy, the small yellow lab who came in a few days ago. She seems a little scared out of her kennel, so she may need to be added to the quiet time list. I offered to show them Al, a bigger yellow lab, and they really liked him! They found him to be very sweet and smart. He may also be house trained because he was scratching at the front door, so Billy took him out and he went to the bathroom. They plan to pick him up Monday, and filled out an application in case he was transferred to us.

A lady came in and seemed very interested in either Walker or Coconut. She took an application with her and plans to bring her fiance back to see who he likes.


Good news! Santino went to his new home today! Billy was holding him earlier and saying he couldn't believe that he was still at the shelter! He went to a very nice family, and I was glad I got to be there to say good-bye. Barb and Bill came just in time to say good-bye as well. And they brought dog food!


Cookie, the little black and white spotted terrier, went to his new home on Friday. Sheffey (the Dalmatian) and Trigger (one of Bell's trio of puppies) were also adopted this weekend.

Myspace Layouts

Two cats came in on Thursday that I wasn't aware of: Burt and Edith. Burt is a tuxedo, and Edith is a pretty little gray and white kitty. They have not had their shots yet because they are possibly feral, but Judith has been working with them since they got here. A huge fluffy tuxedo named Mister came in yesterday; he was found stray and brought in by a citizen.

A sheriff's deputy brought in a pretty and friendly walker hound today. She was trying to catch rabbits, which is what hounds do. Unfortunately, the rabbits she was trying to catch were in someone's hutch! She was vaccinated and was sitting happily on a fluffy towel when I left.

Billy was able to spend some quiet time with Walker. He combed Walker and found him to be tick-free! Nicole and Rita-1; Ticks-0!

A lady came in with a donation of a very nice cat bed, toys, 2 litter pans, and some food. I wasn't up front when she came in, but Becky and I got the feeling that her cat recently passed away. Since we don't use the large, open litter pans in the condo, I scrubbed and bleached them and put them in the puppy room for foot baths--it looks so much roomier in there! The dog beds that were being used as foot baths are in the grooming room, along with the bed I removed from Cookie's kennel. We only need one more litter pan to replace dog bed in the front dog area, so we can start using the dog beds for their intended purpose!



I would really like to thank Judith for cleaning and rearranging the education room and straightening up the office. Wow! What a difference! Now we can get to the chalkboard easier to check the chore list and there is more floor space in the office. Great job, Judith!

Everyone, enjoy your holiday!

Myspace Layouts

No comments: