Sunday, December 16, 2007

Weekend Update

Hi everyone! Just a quick update about this weekend's events. It's late and I'm tired, so I apologize to everyone who is looking forward to more of my sardonic wit.

Only one adoption this weekend that I know of--Spike, one of the cattle dog/catahoula puppies.
A nice couple came in looking for a "least likely to be adopted" dog. I think they are trying to choose between Blue and Russell.

I covered the condo on Saturday, while Keely covered the office. Several NRCC SGA students come to leave presents under the tree and help out for a few hours. Jennie and Mike were also there, so some of the students helped them walk dogs, while 2 others helped me in the condo. There were so many folks there, I wasn't able to get all their names. One of the young ladies gave me an update about Martha/Belle--the library cat at the Dublin Library (her mother works there). Apparently, she has learned to use the water fountain! She used to drink water with her paw while she was in the condo.

My friends and trusted dogsitters, Ashley and Logan, also came in to volunteer. They put down blankets for all the dogs and gave baths to the pile of kittens (they have been playing in the litter box too much!) that were being fostered by Marlena. Marlena is one of our "behind the scenes" volunteers for those of you who don't know her. At any given time, she is usually bottle-feeding an orphaned litter of kittens; the kitties to the left are the most recent. She always does a wonderful job with the kittens--the newest batch are very healthy, playful, and snuggly! Thanks Marlena! We wish you a speedy recovery from your recent cataract surgery!

Please don't forget to check out our Holiday Open House. See here for more information!

1 comment:

Barb said...

Great picture of the kittens Rita. They're absolutely adorable. Thanks Marlena for taking such wonderful care of them.