Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Tuesday Sept. 11, 2007


Well I got back to shelter today. My purpose was to clean and sterilize all the cages and cat carriers in preparation for spay clinic tomorrow. Animal Control had to move 3 cats from the stainless steel cages.


The back was full of cats so nine had to be removed and the new immate grabbed the newly sterile blue cages. I quickly stopped him and explained why they can not use the blue carriers.

I told him they can only use the pet taxis that are meant for the purposes he needed them. We certainly do not want any illneses transfered to our surgical pets. BTW the new immate is named Will. He likes animals even had a couple of cats that lived to age 18.


I helped him sterilize used litter pans, and the feeding bowls. Put away unused dog bowls into cupboard, washed outside of frig in food prep room tossing out some old opened dog food cans. We do have lids now for the cans so if you have to use only a 1/2 can please try to put a lid on remainder.


I checked on the grey kitten in the ed room he seems to be doing better still a bit wobbly. But should be good to put back in condo later this week. What a cutie. But for future please if a cat or kitten take a fall please make a note in the book. So we can all watch it for any signs of trouble. I know my slef we have some who leap out of cages when we go to clean. It is bound to happen. But it could save us a trip to the vet and the cost for checking it.


A lock smith came in and removed the punch keypad from condo door. The door now opens with a key which is on the back door attached to the keyring that holds the well key. A spare key should be in petty cash bag.


I managed to get all the dogs in puppy room except Flea out for some exercise. Spud 1 the small white terrier has been adopted and will get fixed in spay clinic tomorrow. Spud the bigger poodle mix is being adopted tomorrow after he gets fixed.


Cuddles went to rescue, Rose was adopted out by AC as was Bambi, Cody, and Bell 2.

The sad news is that Bell 2 was not pregnant but was full of heartworms. The new owner took her to the vet. His vet feels the first treatment will kill her telling owner this is the worst case of heartworm he has seen. So the vet has suggested she be euth. New owner has incurred a large vet bill already. Laura and Julie are working with the new owner so he can still get a dog.


I did not see Sammie or Sara so I am assuming Ac adopted out. Boss who came in with them still needs a good home.


I moved Peanut from back to second row front room and have him advertised online. I have also put Flea online.


When I spoke to Rebecca earlier she was at shelter getting things ready for the spay clinic tomorrow. Please note there is a mop in there that is ONLY used for surgery room and spay office. Rebecca was getting the rabies vaccines ready for tomorrow.


I am looking for a volunteer who can help once a month on assisi van. It is usually the first tuesday of each month. If you know someone that is interested please have them contact me.

I need someone that can do pet discharges, wipe out cages, pack medical tool. We will train very simple procedures.


Joanne was in cleaning condo, medicating and getting the laundry done. We talked about the Newbern festival. She is going to look into a booth for that day. We could use a face painter unless Laura's son can do that for us. I will be spraying kids hair weird colors and selling items. If you can make some items to help us raise money please let us know. Dog Bandanas, Kitten mittens those felt toys with catnip in them was great. We also hope to get folks to sign up to get their pets fixed. Anything to help us use this event for educational purposes and fund raising.


Well I believe I have debriefed my self and updated you all.


Iam looking forward to AC website being updated this week. We have some really nice dogs I can get online.


I also wanted to point out to you that the Lost and Found site that Jason and Kim keep updated are also noting a new site. http://www.fidofinder.com/


Check it out. We may want to start letting folks know about that site if they are looking for a lost dog.


Till later hope everyone has a great week.

No comments: